If you are an organisation, private group or GP practice, Bloomin Health can help you deliver the health message to your customers or patients. We provide educational talks and workshops in various topics of health, focusing on diet, exercise and lifestyle measures.
Some examples are:
- Healthy Aging
- Diabetes prevention
- Healthy Heart
- Bone health
- Diet and exercise for depression
- Tackling obesity
- Weight Management
- Movement is Medicine
We can cover many other health issues, just ask! We provide talks and workshops in Urdu and Punjabi, to adults or children and to health professionals or patients. We also provide bespoke exercise classes and workshops for more seldom-heard and vunerable communities (the elderly,mental health conditions, BME communities, esp South Asian women and older men) where there is a clear health inequality. We have worked with:
- People Point Ltd: a grassroots organisation based in Coventry that aims to relieve social exclusion. I provide weekly exercise classes as part of the “health journey” scheme, giving a safe and comfortable environment for those with mental health conditions to exercise in.
- Solihull Muslims: I have presented “Exercise as Medicine” to the local community and religious leaders, tailoring the health message to the Asian community and with an Islamic prospective
- Solihull Carers: an organisation providing emotional support, information, advice, advocacy and assistance to unpaid carers. I provided an exercise workshop and demonstration of simple exercises carers can do at home, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques
- Springfield Surgery: I presented “Empowering Staff and Patients to Get Active” to a local GP practice as part of their continuing personal development education. It was a very interactive session and challenged staff and doctors on their knowledge of the benefits of physical activity on health.
- Manmade UK: I have delivered 3 workshops with ForwardforLife on the manmade programme. This project engage with men finding themselves in tough situation, suffering from various mental health issues such as depression, anxiety or even just feelings of isolation. The workshop I delivered was about the impact of physical activity on health, physical and mental.
- Groundwork WestMidlands: I delivered 2 workshops “Healthy Hearts” and “Understanding Diabetes” to a group of vulnerable adults with learning difficulties.
Testimonial (Solihull Carers)
Thank you for the wonderful session that you did with our Carers on 7th Nov at The Hub, Touchwood.You were very enthusiastic which helped to motivate our Carers and allowed them to join in with simple exercises that they could easily do at home.The feedback that we received from them and other staff members included, ‘Afsha was very approachable’, ‘enjoyed the session’, ‘gave good advice to housebound people’ and great reviews that allowed Carers to feel comfortable and to see that simple exercises can benefit them just as much as a full session.We would love to have you again and will be in contact when we can book you in.
Please contact us directly to find out more information.